VEGETABLE GARDEN QUIZ
By DADAZI - For My Daughter Bagisha
This quiz is about vegetable gardening.
1. What disease do cucumber beetles spread?
2. Where is the best location to plant tall or climbing plants?
North side of the garden
East side of the garden
South side of the garden
West side of the garden
3. Tomato plants that are 'determinate' are more bushy plants, and tomato plants that are 'indeterminate' are more viny plants
4. Potatoes are in what family?
Carrot Family (Umbelliferae)
Tomato Family (Solanaceae)
Pea Family (Leguminosae)
Morning Glory Family (Convolvulaceae)
5. What is the best level of soil ph for MOST plants?
3.5 - 5.5
5.5 - 7.5
8.0 - 9.0
2.5 - 3.5
6. Pine needle mulch lowers the ph level of soil while peat moss raises the ph level.
7. When a plant has beautiful lush foliage, but almost no fruit, the plant has an overdose of: (Ans: One 8 letter word)
8. Clubroot affects which family the most?
Beet family (Chenopodiaceae)
Onion family (Liliaceae)
Cabbage family (Cruciferae)
Tomato family (Solanaceae)
9. Tomato leaves that are purple and thin is a pretty good sign that they are lacking Potassium.
10. Potato plants want lots of organic matter in the soil for the potatoes to grow better.